A New York medical malpractice incident could cause many serious injuries which could be temporary or permanent. Many of these injuries can be absolutely devastating to both a family and his or her family. This could also be very expensive due to the medical bills, which gets harder to pay when the injuries prevent the victim from going back to work.
There are many different types of injuries which could cause these types of injuries. Some common types of injuries include the following:
- Nerve injuries - these types of injuries can cause immediate pain and suffering, numbness, pins and needles, and loss of motor movement. Nerve injuries are very hard to fix and repair, and usually end up being permanent to at least some extent. This can be difficult for a family and his or her victim to cope with.
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia - these types of injuries can occur in some more serious and major procedures, such as spinal procedures, which can severe the spinal cord and cause motor nerve loss. Severing the spinal cord will result in paraplegia or quadriplegia. Additionally, these type of injury can be caused even by simple medical malpractice accident, such as failing to guard against a patient who is a fall risk. If this person ends up falling, it can result in very serious injuries to the back—especially after a very serious procedure.
- Internal bleeding - all surgeries can create the risk of internal bleeding. This becomes very dangerous when the signs of an internal bleed are ignored or missing, creating internal pressure, lack of oxygen to extremities, and death.
- Infections - all surgeries also create the risk of infections. Some infections, particularly hospital acquired infections, can be resistant to drugs and very difficult and dangerous to overcome. This can easily result in death. When the signs of infections are missed, this can result in sepsis which can cause a horribly painful and slow death.
- Scarring - improper surgeries, wrong site surgeries, wrong patient surgeries, multiple and unnecessary surgeries, and negligently perform surgeries can create large and painful scars which will cause significant pain and suffering to a victim.
But what do you think? I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment or I also welcome your phone call on my toll-free cell at 1-866-889-6882 or you can drop me an e-mail at [email protected] You are always welcome to request my FREE book, The Seven Deadly Mistakes of Malpractice Victims, at the home page of my website at www.protectingpatientrights.com.